After a US drone strike took out Quds chief Qassem Smolderimani, the Democrats running for President wasted no time attacking President Trump and accusing him of bringing the US to the brink of war.
Then, Iran launched a missile attack against bases in Iraq and they attacked President Trump and shrieked more. When Iran admitted they shot down a commercial plane by mistake, these Democrats revved their engines again to blame Iran’s actions on President Trump.
And on Saturday when the Iranian people took the streets by the thousands to protest their tyrannical regime, how did most of these Democrat candidates respond?
With radio silence.
Nothing. Not one word.
Yesterday, I went to Tehran Pete Buttigieg’s Twitter feed to see what words of support he had for the Persian people who were rising up against the regime. And there was nothing but radio silence.
I did the same for Elizabeth Warren who, just last week, was very free with her words – accusing President Trump of taking out Smolderimani as a way to distract from impeachment. The same Elizabeth Warren who on Friday was tweeting about #NoWarWithIran and saying “we must speak out!”
And what words of support did she offer?
Yeah, radio silence. Not a peep.
The only tweet about Iran from the bellowing, cantankerous old fart Bernie Sanders was yet another “Tell Congress: No War with Iran!” mailing list ploy disguised as a “petition.” But regarding the massive protests against the regime? Radio silence.
Cory Booker? Nada.
Amy Klobuchar issued only this:
Jeeze. She takes a more forceful position with her staff.
Putative frontrunner Joe Biden finally piped up Sunday afternoon. But of course, his tweet included the standard “Bad Orange Man” caveat:
Neither Klobuchar or Biden directly say that they stand with and support the Iranian people in their struggle against this regime.
Radio silence seemed to be rampant among the rest of the Democrats as well.
It’s silly to ask “Why the radio silence?” Because we all know why.
They won’t forcefully, unwaveringly voice support for the people of Iran because there is absolutely no political advantage in doing so.
They only amplify that which they believe would harm the President.
And heaven forbid they offer the same level of encouragement and support President Trump is sending to the people of Iran. Their crazy base might think they agree with evil Orange Man.
So at best they offer anodyne bromides. At worst, they opt for radio silence.
Iranian American Journalist Yashar Ali had this to say about how best to support the uprisings in Iran and, more to the point, why it is so important:
2. It’s true that Iranians are very sensitive to external interference. So much of this sensitivity started after the CIA engineered a coup in 1953 and overthrew Iran’s Prime Minister and reinstalled the Shah.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 13, 2020
But supporting protesters isn’t interfering.
3. It is important to bring attention to the concerns of protestors. Not what you THINK they’re saying, but what they’re actually saying. The more the world community sees whats happening in Iran the better. This is not interference, this is amplification.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 13, 2020
4. It is not interference to call out human rights abuses committed by the Iranian government. When the internet gets shut down that is an unquestionable violation and should be called out by everyone.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 13, 2020
5. This is anecdotal, but so many of my friends weren’t aware there was protesting in Iran this weekend. This is what happens when the voice of the protestors isn’t amplified.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 13, 2020
6. As I mentioned earlier, while you’re calling attention to Iranian protestors it’s important that you not go beyond what they’re calling for if you’re NOT Iranian…specifically, don’t call for regime change.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 13, 2020
Iranians must decide what is best for their country
The fact that all we’re getting is radio silence from a crop of people who want to be President and Commander in Chief, speaks volumes.
For all their endless twaddle about oppression, they have no problems staying quiet as people who yearn to free fight against oppression.
Then again, maybe their campaign teams still haven’t figured out how best to say “I support you, but Orange Man bad.”
Hit the Tip Jar!
Every dollar makes a difference! Hit the DONATE button in the side bar. Or, set up a recurring monthly contribution by choosing SUBSCRIBE.
Please White List Patriot Retort
Not everyone can afford to make a donation. But you can still help keep this site solvent by white listing PatriotRetort.com in your ad blocker. Ads help pay for this site and ad-blockers hurt that effort. I made sure that the ads that appear here will not obstruct or interfere with your enjoyment of the content. So please add PatriotRetort.com to your white list.