Someone’s having a Howard Dean Moment

Oh, dear me!

Someone’s having a Howard Dean Moment.

Looks like all those direct hits from Ted Cruz are taking their toll on Donald Trump. Donald is used to attacking his opponents and then standing back while they flounder and flutter and fold like a cheap suit.

Could it be that Donald finally met his match?

Yesterday Trump went on what can only be described as an Alec Baldwin-style Twitter rant against Ted Cruz (except without stooping to calling Cruz a “cocksucker” — thank God for small favors).

Then, last night, while speaking to the Tea Party Coalition Convention in South Carolina, Trump decided that attacking the Tea Party favorite would be a capital plan. He got booed for his troubles.

Meanwhile, Cruz just keeps doubling down — returning fire with his trademark humor. When he got stuck in an elevator yesterday, after they finally managed to pry open the doors and free him, Cruz said, “So who put Donald Trump in charge of the elevators?”

To add insult to injury, Donald got hit with even more bad news when the New York City Republicans’ straw poll winner was Ted Cruz. So much for destroying himself with New York City voters.

All this has given Donald a lot of reasons to go full-on Howard Dean.

Someones having a Howard Dean Moment

By this morning while on This Week with George Stephanopoulus, Trump took his unhinged and slightly comical attacks against Cruz to all new heights (which you can see by clicking this LINK).

Naturally Trump supporters are gobbling it up like vultures devouring a carcass.

The problem is, all this crazed, over-the-top, unhinged, decidedly unpresidential behavior is starting to get even non-Cruz supporters a little irritated. Which may be partially why in a head-to-head match-up between Cruz and Trump, Cruz is way out ahead 51 to 43 percent.

In all this outrageousness, the thing that gets lost is the plain reality that we have a nation to save, a republic to restore. And behaving like a deranged horse’s ass may play well among the 34% who already support him, but I can’t help but wonder just how much Trump’s having his very own Howard Dean moment both on Twitter and on television will solidify for the other 66% that he is not the candidate for them.

If you like the work at Patriot Retort, please consider contributing
Hit the tip jar DONATE button in the side bar. Even a few bucks can make a world of difference!

2 thoughts on “Someone’s having a Howard Dean Moment

  • January 17, 2016 at 3:20 pm
    Permalink

    There it is again another way to use the word “capital.” Pure Talent Dianny. Hey, Hey Hey 😉 I am really getting tired of this poser and his faux conservative promises. His channeling of Howard Dean and maybe Ross Perot are akin to irritating Progressive pusillanimous piffle (P3). Ted Cruz comes from Texas, and works in D.C.. Texans have millions of horses and cattle. Them boys are used to swatting flies, and having to work around all the crap. TrusTED Cruz 2016.

    p.s. Did you see how I worked them thar new vocabulary words into my rant. I am working on it.

  • January 17, 2016 at 5:30 pm
    Permalink

    Both Trump and Cruz are starting to make Ben Carson look better and better to me.

Comments are closed.